Official Auction Rules
All bidders are responsible for sales tax due at the time of item pick-up.
1. This auction is open to any person who is a legal resident of the United States or Canada and has reached the age of majority in their home province or state at the time of entry. This auction is void where prohibited by law.
2. No purchase is necessary to participate in the auction. To participate, register on the auction website.
3. Bids received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. All Bids must be submitted no later than the end date/time on item of the Entry Period. All Bids become the property of the Sponsors and none will be returned. Bids will only be accepted online. Illegible, incomplete, late or garbled Bids will be disqualified.
4. Winners will be notified by email within two business days of the close of the auction and must respond with payment within two business days of notification.
If the Winner does not respond in accordance with the Official Rules or the Winner does not comply with the auction rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the item and another Winner will be selected.
GateHouse Newspapers are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of selected Winner to receive notifications from this auction site.
Winners will receive an invoice from Gatehouse Media with instructions to pay online within two business days.
5. Upon confirmation of payment, each Winner agrees to the auction Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered and (i) releasing the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this auction or participating in any prize-related activity or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation costs injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (ii) granting Sponsors the unrestricted rights, in their collective or individual discretion, to publish without any further compensation the name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice and ideas of that Bidder for advertising and promotional purposes. The agreement and release must be returned within two business days of the notification date indicated on the documents or the selected Bidder will be disqualified and the prize forfeited; and (iii) the Winner has 30 days from date of payment to contact the business and make arrangements to collect their prize.
6. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash.
7. All Bids become property of the Sponsors upon receipt and will not be returned and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected Bidders.
8. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this auction is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
9. Bids are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
10. By entering this auction, Bidder: (a) releases and holds harmless Sponsors and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this auction, or participating in any prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify Sponsors and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
11. By entering this auction, Bidders agree to be bound by these auction Rules. Bidders further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any Bidder they find to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the auction, the Auction Website; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor’s property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN Bidder OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE auction MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE USER'S ACCOUNT, IF ANY, AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete bids, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an bid or registration). Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the auction or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Bids in the auction. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Bids. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or due to any combination of the foregoing. Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to Bidders or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this auction. If, for any reason, the auction is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this auction, the Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the auction.
13. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Selected Bidders may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
14. By entering the auction, Bidder agrees to Sponsor's use of Bidder's personal information for the purposes of administering this auction.
15. These are the official auction rules. This auction is subject to all federal, state, provincial, county and municipal laws and regulations. These Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable laws or the policy of any entity having jurisdiction over the sponsors.
16. Refund/exchange/cancellation policy: No exchanges on products or services. Auction items are for exact listings.
Applicable warranty policies: Warranty is by the item, listed in the item description.
17. For additional information or questions please contact Kathy Malm, kmalm@ salina.com
[This Registration Copy is editable directly from the Admin Control Panel]